Heddon Fishing Reels
As Heddon’s range of lures grew, reels became a natural addition to the Heddon product line. The first reels produced were the "Dowagaic" No “1” & “2” in 1912. These were made for Heddon by the A.F. Meisselbach Co. As demand for Heddon reels grew, Heddon decided to hire Jack Welch to design & oversee the production of Heddon reels, through 1919-1930, Heddon made some of the finest reels of that era. In 1931 Heddon went back to offering reels made by other manufacturers, & until 1978 offered a comprehensive line of reels for all purposes.
The Heddon Museum displays over 175 reels, including an example of every reel offered in Heddon's annual catalog from 1902-1984, including the rare No. 30.
In 1947 the first Heddon P-41 reel was introduced. This reel has a Jeweled and removable end cap for easy oiling. A complete combo with papers and pouch.